Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday, Nov. 9

     Well, today I had my head shaved!  This involves many emotions whether you want it to or not.  But, like a good soldier, I endured it bravely.  I was leaving phase behind but looking forward to the victory aheadIt helped immensely to have a great wig to wear which I had already picked out. 
     Physically, I am doing pretty good.  My doctor reports that my bone marrow has no cancer and I have already been able to gain a few pounds!  I endured the 2nd chemotherapy with only a bit of nausea.  The shot I get the day after chemo makes me sore for a few days and tired.  I was told to expect this, and the pay off is that it encourages my body to make more new white blood cells, which I need! 
     So today finds me walking between battles carefully, trying to avoid any unseen pitfalls or dangers while trusting my God to carry my through.  Daylight always comes, with it a bit more strength and confidence in the healing I know awaits me.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment